communication from pc to imx6 through usb otg

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication from pc to imx6 through usb otg

kylekenj
Contributor III

I am trying to create a communication between a pc and a imx6 though the usb otg connection. I can program the board using the manufacturing tool but am not sure how to use the usb otg to get a connection to the pc to transfer data over. When I plug the usb into windows it doesn't ask for a driver or act like something is attached. Can anyone help me figure out how to get communication over that port. Thanks.

Kyle

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check if Linux support any USB device, say USB mass storage.

During boot somewhat similar to "Initializing USB Mass Storage driver" should
appear. If there is not such message in boot log it is needed to build new

kernel, which includes option

Device drivers > USB support > USB Mass Storage support.

If a USD device is configured as a module it should be insmod-ed.     

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Thank you for your answer. 5.5 said Run motor by placing the jumper short bar to J2, pin 1-2.  5.6 said Place jumper short bar J2 , pins 2-3. I don't understand the three pin is connected together?

0 Kudos

txbest
Contributor II

Hi Kyle Johnson

USB otg is the function that your device can notice something like USB storage which you can check out files and do some copies or something else。

I think what you have mentioned up there,you just want to communicate over the USB port.You may check out some function like USB NETWORK,which allow your host like PC communicate with your guest like mx6 custom board through socket function。

If you have any questions ,please reply to me!

0 Kudos