Yocto Standard SDK vs Extensible SDK: What is the difference ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto Standard SDK vs Extensible SDK: What is the difference ?

Jump to solution
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Dear Yocto Experts,

I learnt about Yocto Extensible SDK from following discussion : https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Yocto-Hardknott-and-iMX8MP-error-generating-extended-sd...

I would like to know what is the difference if any.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Khang

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products,

As per Yocto eSDK Manual:

The extensible SDK provides a cross-development toolchain and libraries tailored to the contents of a specific image. You would use the Extensible SDK if you want a toolchain experience supplemented with the powerful set of devtool commands tailored for the Yocto Project environment.

The installed extensible SDK consists of several files and directories. Basically, it contains an SDK environment setup script, some configuration files, an internal build system, and the devtool functionality.

As you can see in Yocto eSDK Manual and Toradex Community, devtool is the main feature of it.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products,

As per Yocto eSDK Manual:

The extensible SDK provides a cross-development toolchain and libraries tailored to the contents of a specific image. You would use the Extensible SDK if you want a toolchain experience supplemented with the powerful set of devtool commands tailored for the Yocto Project environment.

The installed extensible SDK consists of several files and directories. Basically, it contains an SDK environment setup script, some configuration files, an internal build system, and the devtool functionality.

As you can see in Yocto eSDK Manual and Toradex Community, devtool is the main feature of it.

Regards

0 Kudos