Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Yocto Kirkstone][LF-5.15.32-2.0.0] Fail to bitbake imx-image-desktop

Jump to solution
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Dear NXP Team,

I am following the instructions of this link https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/meta-nxp-desktop/tree/README.md?h=lf-5.15.32-2.0.0-kirkst... to bitbake the Ubuntu based image for my iMX8MP EVK board but I struggled below error :

toto@a42002df6292:/workdir/imx-yocto-bsp-5_15_32-2_0_0-desktop/build-desktop$  bitbake imx-image-desktop
ERROR: Variable BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE has been renamed to BB_ENV_PASSTHROUGH_ADDITIONS
ERROR: Variable BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE from the shell environment has been renamed to BB_ENV_PASSTHROUGH_ADDITIONS
ERROR: Exiting to allow enviroment variables to be corrected

Could someone tell me how to resolve this issue, please ?

Best Regards,
Khang

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello khang,

You probably need to exit the shell and then restart it andre-initialize your environment (with oe-init-build-env), as itcontains the obsolete variable.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello khang,

You probably need to exit the shell and then restart it andre-initialize your environment (with oe-init-build-env), as itcontains the obsolete variable.

Regards

0 Kudos
soorajraveendran
Contributor I

How to exit the shell and then restart it and re-initialize the environment  @Bio_TICFSL 

0 Kudos
khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Hi @Bio_TICFSL,

That is true, even-though I re-setup the environment variables with source setup-environment build-desktop but some variable of previous source setup-environment build-xwayland  of older BSP still persist.

Regards,
Khang

0 Kudos