#define __ARM_NEON_FP 4

#define __ARM_SIZEOF_MINIMAL_ENUM 4

#define __ARM_PCS_VFP 1

#define __ARM_ARCH_5T__ 1

#define __ARM_FEATURE_CLZ 1

#define __ARM_ARCH_ISA_THUMB 1

#define __ARM_ARCH 5

#define __ARM_EABI__ 1

This causes problems when compiling a project with Autotools that uses the Yocto toolchain, because the ARCH for iMX6 should be version 7. For example, when compiling GHC, __ARM_ARCH_5T__ results in a v5 compiler instead of a v7 compiler, and the resulting binaries have problems.

Is there a reason for 5T? Should this be fixed? Does anyone know where in the Yocto build system to fix this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

how did you created the toolchain?

Please, let me know what do you have in your bblayers.conf.

As I remember (from top of my mind) meta-fsl-arm and meta-fsl-bsp-release uses different toolchain configuration. (meta-fsl-bsp-release override meta-fsl-arm).

Other thing, I would like to share you deep infor regarding how to control architecture in yocto project´s tools, however I prefer to know your goal, this way I can have the right direction for you.

0 Kudos

MikeJones
Contributor III

A better way to ask this is:

Why isn't the default architecture V7 since the tool chain is being built for IMX6? Thus, using -march would not be neccessary?

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Mike,

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos