What is the correct way to build u-boot for SABRESDB board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the correct way to build u-boot for SABRESDB board?

noorahmadshinwa
Contributor III

Hi!

I am trying to build u-boot manually for my SABRE board as I want to build it later for my custom board. Unfortunately, I was unable to get it running on the SABRE SDB.

- I have tried following the instructions in the i.MX porting guide Rev. L5.4.3_1.0.0. for building u-boot manually (chapter 3.1.1). I tried it both with the cross-compiler generated by yocto (as in the guide), and I even tried building it with the linaro cross-compiler used here https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/i.MX6q+SABRE+Board+for+Smart+Devices .

Unfortunately, all my attempts failed to get any output on the serial port. I even tried to follow that guide and build the denx u-boot for the board with SPL. 

I am trying to build the source from here:

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/uboot-imx

Here are the steps i tried (after exporting CROSS_COMPILE and ARCH):

make clean

make mx6sabresd_defconfig

make u-boot.imx

sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdd bs=1k seek=1 conv=fsync

I get a build output (u-boot.imx) and have no build errors. however, the board does not show any u-boot messages (or anything else) when i boot from this SDcard. 

I am sure that my serial port and boot jumper settings are OK. because the SDcard that ships with the board is able to boot just fine and i can see the u-boot prompts and everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Noorahmadshinwari

one can try to follow i.MX Yocto Project User’s Guide

Yocto Training - HOME 

also one can post issue on uboot mail list

U-Boot Info Page 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos