What does the UUU do when flashing the SD card?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the UUU do when flashing the SD card?

anurag16doshi
Contributor II

I am trying to run 2 different OS on imx8mn evk board. Does the UUU format the SD card and then adds the new img or does it append the new img to the SD card?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

nxf57422
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

uuu overwrites the content of the target device. I advise creating the partitions and formatting the target device, for example SD card, before using uuu.

Best,
Marco Cesarano
0 Kudos

nxf54947
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello anurag16doshi@gmail.com‌,

I am not sure if I am grasping you question very well. But it is of my understanding that UUU overwrites the content of the SD card. My suggestion is to review the UUU documentation (UUU.pdf)  available at: Releases · NXPmicro/mfgtools · GitHub 

Are you trying to run both Android and Free RTOS simultaneously on the 8M Nano EVK? In that case, the image for the Cortex M could be stored in the FAT partition of the SD card, and then be loaded into the TCM or DDR memory.

Regards,

Ruben

anurag16doshi
Contributor II

Hey Ruben,

Thanks for the help. I have explore this option but my goal is to boot the M7 as a master and the a53 will then boot from the M7. But the iMX8 evaluation board does not have this option. So I am looking for alternate ways to implement this. If you could give me suggestions about this issue, I would highly appreciate it.

TIA,

Anurag

0 Kudos

nxf54947
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anurag,

The processor is set to always boot with the A53 core first, while the M7 is held on reset mode until the A53 completes its boot. This can be reviewed at section 1.6 Primary Boot Options of the i.MX 8M Nano Reference Manual. I am afraid that I am not aware of any other ways to workaround this configuration.

My apologies for my late response.

Ruben

0 Kudos