Web development in a i.MX 6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web development in a i.MX 6

adesic
Contributor I

At my company we are considering a web development in a i.MX 6 Solo (1Gb RAM, Ubuntu 12) but we are a bit worried about the performance the end user could perceive.

We should install an application server (tomcat or lighter version), web browser, embedded java. Application wouldn't have too many pages but we would need to use some Ajax Framework like jQuery or similar to provide a smooth and fast user experience.

Could we have performance problems or too many limitations on graphic interface? Should we have something else into account? Any experience on this kind of development for an i.MX

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello adesic, so you are using the i.mx6solo as a server in which end users would connect through an ip/domain right?.

I havent personally used the i.mx6 for this purposes but I have experience with the i.MX53, using ubuntu and LAMP. My app was a heavy database and an interface using php and ajax. I never experienced any problems with it and as far as I see, the solo wouldnt have problems either. Its not easy to tell without the actual code running.

There are several tools online to simulate traffic to your server and give a big workload on it, perhaps you could try one.

0 Kudos