Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using taglib on a i.MX6

Jump to solution
raz3l
Contributor III

Hi guys!

So, on the application that I am developing for the couple weeks I need to use taglib library. All goes well when compiling it for the desktop. I follow some steps to be able to use taglib under devian. I just installed taglib and taglib-extras by apt-get package manager, and on my .pro file I add the following lines:

CONFIG += link_pkgconfig
PKGCONFIG += taglib taglib-extras

Until here everything went fine, but my end target it's an i.MX6 platform. I am using Yocto for building my Linux image and after searching for taglib recipes I found one, which I included in my local.conf file. After this I build again the Qt SDK by performing bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5 and I sourced the script created and I did the proper configurations on Qt Creator - Poky 2.1.1 (just I did before we the last SDK - poky 2.1).

Unfortunately, I can't compile my application and I am getting this error:

Starting: "/opt/poky/2.1.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmake" /home/hmi/workspace/my_projects/taglib/taglib.pro -spec linux-g++ CONFIG+=debug CONFIG+=qml_debug
Project ERROR: taglib development package not found
16:03:26: The process "/opt/poky/2.1.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmake" exited with code 3.
Error while building/deploying project taglib (kit: iMX6 Qt5.6.2)
The kit iMX6 Qt5.6.2 has configuration issues which might be the root cause for this problem.
When executing step "qmake"

I know that I am missing some steps for using taglib in an embedded platform like i.MX6, but I am out of ideas. Any can help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
raz3l
Contributor III

Thank you for the reply. Meanwhile I was able to accomplish my goal. Just follow the steps that I described in Qt forum: Using taglib on a i.MX6 | Qt Forum 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Daniel Oliveira,

You would need to compile using the Qt5 toolchain for the CortexA9. It is possible that the path pointing to taglib needs to be updated on the .pro file. I would recommend looking for more details on Qt -centric forums as they may have better insights on this regards.

Regards,

0 Kudos
raz3l
Contributor III

Thank you for the reply. Meanwhile I was able to accomplish my goal. Just follow the steps that I described in Qt forum: Using taglib on a i.MX6 | Qt Forum 

0 Kudos