cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using spi and i2c protocols in imxrt1176

Jump to solution
Shehan_Janidu
Contributor III

I wanted to use spi and i2c communication protocols in the evaluation board, mimxrt1170 -  evk. When I am going through datasheet I found out that spi and i2c can be configured through flexio pins. But I want to know that is there any dedicated spi and i2c pins are there in imxrt1176 chip.Every example code I found also use flexio. Can anyone clarify to me.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

To use SPI and I2C you have two options. The first is through LPSPI or LPI2C, respectively. The second is with the FlexIO module, which is capable of supporting a wide range of protocols, among them SPI and I2C.

In the SDK you will find examples of LPSPI, LPI2C, as well as SPI and I2C with FlexIO. I also recommend consulting Table 11-1. Muxing Options from reference manual.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

To use SPI and I2C you have two options. The first is through LPSPI or LPI2C, respectively. The second is with the FlexIO module, which is capable of supporting a wide range of protocols, among them SPI and I2C.

In the SDK you will find examples of LPSPI, LPI2C, as well as SPI and I2C with FlexIO. I also recommend consulting Table 11-1. Muxing Options from reference manual.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!