cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of CAAM module for bare metal application

srouser526
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a question. Is it possible to use the CAAM hardware cryptographic functions in a bare-metal application. Are there any drivers provided? I only know, that there exist drivers for linux.

Especially I like to know of it is possible, to calculate the SHA256 value for any input data in a bare-metal application.

HAB is not providing the simple calculation of a HASH value, isn't it? There are only some abstract functions to authentificate complete image.

If there exist a possibility or a driver for the hash calculation is there as well a possibility to stream the input data for the hash calculation? In the best case I like to call a function several times to stream some input data to the CAAM hash module.

Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  stefanrombach

sdk had some simple tests: caam_blob_gen.c,caam_test.c,

however it was removed from web. For obtaining it please create

service request.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

srouser526
Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I could find the simple test which you mention. Like you said, the example is just to create some key blobs and to encrypt/decrypt data. Unfortunately, the example is not using a hash algorithm like the SHA. There exists no example for using it in a bare-metal application?

At least it would help me to get a sequence for the job descriptor to calculate a hash value with the SHA256. Is it possible to stream the input data for the hash calculation for example via a FIFO which is not filled at all at the start of the calculation.

Best regards

stefan

0 Kudos