Updating from MCUXpresso IDE v11.3.1_5262 to v11.4.0 / v11.4.1 / v11.5 breaks j-link flashing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating from MCUXpresso IDE v11.3.1_5262 to v11.4.0 / v11.4.1 / v11.5 breaks j-link flashing

Gra67
Contributor III

Hi

I've been developing on an Embedded Artists iMX RT1062 OEM board for a while now and I debug using Segger's j-link device.

While I was on MCUXpresso IDE v11.3.1_5262 everything worked well, but if I upgrade to v11.4.0 or v11.4.1 or now the latest v11.5, the debugging process breaks.

The issue appears to be with the Segger J-Link driver bundled with the later IDEs.

If I simply revert the driver installed with the later IDE back to J-Link V698s 32bit (the one that came with v11.3.1) by uninstalling it from Windows and re-installing it from "\MCUXpressoIDE_11.3.1_5262\Drivers" it works again!

Has anyone else had these issues or overcome them?

Many thanks

Graeme

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)Has anyone else had these issues or overcome them?
-- Yes, I encountered it before and your fix way is good.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Gra67
Contributor III

Thanks Jeremyzhou

I'm not sure I would call it a good fix though.

Something has broken in a installation that must be affecting more than just me?

Also it turns out that method doesn't fix release v11.5 of MCUXpresso.

Regards

Graeme

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Maybe you can try to update the firmware of the Jlink, furthermore, you can contact Segger for some advice.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos