Update to JB 4.2.2.1.0 BSP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to JB 4.2.2.1.0 BSP

martinhowell
Contributor III

I see there is a new JB release V4.2.2.1.1.0 that Freescale have uploaded, this is an update to the JB 4.2.2.1.0.0 release.

I have already set up a build environment for the 4.2.2.1.0.0 and have made several changes to support our own design. Is there a way of using git, or some other tool to merge the recent Freescale changes with my own, rather than setting up a new build environment from scratch and manually re-applying my changes?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Chris1z
Contributor III

Martin,

Not sure if this the best way, but this is what I did for this release. Since 1.0.0 to 1.1.0 is an incremental change (not changing Android version or anything), we just need to apply the new patches added since 1.0.0.  You can diff the "code" directory between the two releases to see the list of patches that are new. Then use "git am" to apply those patches inorder to the correct repo.

The one offs are:

- They didn't have the patch list in 1.0.0 for kernel and u-boot, so you can use git format-patch to create patches between the 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 tags and then apply those patches into your environment.

- Freescale seems to always start the external/fsl_imx_omx and external/linux-firmware-imx repos over in each release, so you can just copy their files directly over (unless you've made changes in you code.  In which case you can manually merge).

0 Kudos