cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get any prints on the M4 core console

MJames
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working on a custom board using iMX8QXP. I am not getting any prints on the M4 core console. Here's what I did.

The M4 image was made using using Mkimage (imx-mkimage-lf-5.15.32_2.0.0) using the following command:

make REV=C0 SOC=iMX8QX flash_linux_m4. 

Then using the UUU tool, flashed it on the eMMC and powered on the board. I got prints on the A35 core console but nothing from the M4 core.

Also tried the following steps from the documentation IMXLUG (Rev. LF6.1.36_2.1.0 — 29 September 2023 Section 4.7.4) 

uboot=> run m4boot_0. 

This is the result i got. 

=> run m4boot_0
0 bytes read in 0 ms
Power on aux core 0
Copy image from 0x80200000 to 0x34fe0000
Start M4
bootaux complete
=> 

Can we assume that the M4 core is up and running? Also I tried the above steps using the Hello_world binary from the demo programs and got the prints on the A35 core. But still didn't get any prints on the M4 console.

@igorpadykov Could you please look into this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Did you open both terminals correctly?
Also, the best way is to have both M4 and A53 in the same container, so it boots both cores correctly.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

MJames
Contributor I

Hi @AldoG,

Thank you for the reply.
The terminals are opened correctly.
I didn't get what you meant by having both M4 and A53 cores in the same container. Could you please explain it?

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

For the i.MX8 and i.MX8X familly processors, use a special type of boot image called containers, this containers have al necessary element for the i.MX to boot correctly, one of the options is to have the M4 iamge in this container.

You may found more information in the i.MX Linux User Guide chapter 4.5.13 How to build imx-boot image by using imx-mkimage.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos