取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Ubuntu on IMX53 SABRE?

1,132 次查看
MichaelGale
Contributor II

Is Ubuntu available for this platform? I am running the pre-built Linux version, which is running the MatchBox desktop instead of the Gnome desktop, and the OS is certainly not Ubuntu...

Thanks,

Michael

标记 (1)
0 项奖励
4 回复数

957 次查看
MichaelGale
Contributor II

I can only surmise it is not, since the demo image is not an Ubuntu build. In the end, I'm most concerned with OpenGL ES availability, multi-touch support, media codecs, and sound support, which are more likely to be functional within an Ubuntu build, but of course that depends on how much effort was involved in the driver support layer by Freescale.

After examining the build yesterday (I am using L2.6.35_11.05.01_ER_images_MX5X), I know that touch input is not working within X11, but the device seems to be working as I can read raw data from the device layer -- no indication from the build if multi-touch is supported. More to the point, I do not have the time to stitch those layers together, so I'm hoping for better out-of-the-box functionality...

Michael

Kirill Danilenko said:

Is it not a ubuntu source? I didnt download it, but i thought it is Ubuntu

0 项奖励

957 次查看
Kirill
Contributor I

Is it not a ubuntu source? I didnt download it, but i thought it is Ubuntu

0 项奖励

957 次查看
MichaelGale
Contributor II

Hi Kirill - Yes, thanks for the link, that's where I obtained the demo images I am using. For the Quick Start board, the Linux image is Ubuntu, but for the SABRE tablet, the Linux image appears to be a generic build.

I was wondering if the Ubuntu distribution image for the Quick Start board had been ported to the SABRE (SMD) platform.

Michael

Kirill Danilenko said:

0 项奖励