Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Signal verification and NAND stress test

Jump to solution
yslin
Contributor I

Hi ,

We wanna do USB signal verification ,so , have a small program to output USB test patent.

And we wanna do NAND flash R/W test, so, have a small program for NAND R/W test.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
israelpz
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

For perform a NAND write/read you could use the boot loader which Freescale provide with the i.mx25(u-boot or redboot)

The instructions are here for redboot:

Flash memory (CM-i.MX27) - BlueWiki

If you want to check and verify the R/W signals you need to solder cables in the pads and perform a R/W then check with a logic analyzer and compare against the signals in the data-sheet of the NAND manufacturer.

Regards,

-Israel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

YS

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
yslin
Contributor I

Yes,Thanks.

0 Kudos
israelpz
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

For perform a NAND write/read you could use the boot loader which Freescale provide with the i.mx25(u-boot or redboot)

The instructions are here for redboot:

Flash memory (CM-i.MX27) - BlueWiki

If you want to check and verify the R/W signals you need to solder cables in the pads and perform a R/W then check with a logic analyzer and compare against the signals in the data-sheet of the NAND manufacturer.

Regards,

-Israel.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

YS

Your questions are not clear. Pease repeat your questions here again and state what you want. You can write your question in Chinese if you want.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
yslin
Contributor I

Hi Yixing,

我需要去測試 NAND flash 的 read /write 和 USB 2.0 device 的 訊號測試.

NAND Flash 要做 1 bit R/W 的穩定度測試.

USB 有eye diagram 測試, 需要device 端送出訊號.

High Speed Eye

0 Kudos
arthur_lai
Senior Contributor II

Hi YS,

Can you please let us know which i.MX processor you are using?

In general, for USB test, you can go to www.usb.org to download a HSET tool to set a USB device into test mode.

Thanks,

Arthur

0 Kudos
yslin
Contributor I

Hi Ming,

我們使用 iMX258 processor.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

YS

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
arthur_lai
Senior Contributor II

Hi YS,

Besides using HSET tool from usb.org, you can also force i.MX25 USB PHY into various test modes by set PTC bits on PORTSCx register. For detail, please refer to Figure 47-36 and Table 47-33 on the reference manual.

Thanks,

Arthur

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

YS

Your request has been assigned to a HW engineer and he will answer your question promptly.

Regards,

Yixing

0 Kudos