U-boot in baremetal app

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U-boot in baremetal app

ailtonlopes
Contributor III

hi Im trying to use the u-boot to start a baremetal application and I’ve been unsuccessful with all the things I tried so I wanted to ask what is the way to do it, I basically have a file .bin with my application and the u-boot.imx.

im able to run the u-boot but not my application. 

The u-boot was compiled using the buildroot when creating a Linux image for the imx6qboard.

Kind regards,

Ailton Lopes

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually you need simply to load your application into its place of the memory and then jump to the entrypoint of the application.
However You need to make sure that is does not conflict with u-boot itself.
So please make sure that your application is compiled to be running in exact place of the memory.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ailtonlopes
Contributor III

Hi b36401‌ thanks for the quick answer, i have another question that is.

My Baremetal application has included on it the linux image bin, basically the idea is to use to uboot to start an hypervisor and then the hypervisor creates a ns-guest that executes on the linux image bin and a secure guest that is baremetal. by doing this when jumping to linux i will be able to start it?? because i saw that linux when using uboot have another file .dtb.

kind regards.

0 Kudos