cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch issues with Pie (p9.0.0_2.2.0) on imx7d sabre board

andrew_questps
Contributor III

Hi NXP,

I have 2 different imx7d sabre boards here that i have loaded the 8.0 Oreo release on and have not had any issues with the dashboard/launcher but I have now loaded the Pie release binaries from the NXP website and I have great difficulty pressing any of the buttons on the dashboard. I can swipe between screens left and right and pull down the top menu but cannot select anything on the screen such as the apps button to launch anything.

This happens with the release binaries from NXP and my own build of the Android 9.0.0_2.2.0 release. We managed to bring up the keyboard and it seems as though the device recognises input all over the screen it's just not recognised by Android as a press on anything.

I revert to the o8.0.0_1.0.0 from NXP and everything becomes responsive again on the device and the launcher/dash. If I load the 9.0 release on my 7ulp devkit that device works normally.

Have you experienced this problem or is there a way to resolve this?

Regards,

Andre

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I reproduced the problem. Let me report this internally.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I apologize for the delay. I am still working on the problem. Probably this a problem with the portability of the LCD driver in the new kernel.

Best regards,

Diego

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I apologize for the delay this took. But unfortunately, this problem is due to the AOSP launcher's layout not fitting i.MX7D display's resolution and additional work are not under our expertise or scope of support. I apologize for the inconvenieces this could give you.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos