Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test duration for config Tools for i.MX

Jump to solution
hermann_ruckerb
Contributor III

Hello, 

i have installed config Tools for i.MX v14 and v15. 
i can run the DDR Stress test, but the help looks different than the tool. 

accourding to the help i can set a test duration, in the tool i only have a "run forever".
See attachement where on the left is the tool, on the right is the Help.

if i select run forever i can only cancel the test, what restults in a "skipped" as result, but I would need a log file. 

I an also not change number in the "Repitition" column. 

Does anybody has an idea how to get the Test duration entry? 

Thanks a lot

Hermann 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Errors like this happen to me if I have a USB hub in between the USB 3 port of the PC and the i.MX 8M Plus USB 3 port. I tested it with USB 2 and USB 3 hubs, doesn't matter. Leaving the hub out, using a direct USB 3 port on my laptop doesn't show such errors.

Same problems (similar log file output) could appear with the i.MX 93 EVK  (i.MX 93 has USB 2), but in general I get it working with or without hub.

Regards,
Bernhard.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
hermann_ruckerb
Contributor III

thanks.

There is no external hub, but maybe an internal in my PC .. i might check this. but the other problem on running the test for xx hours and get a log is much more important.. 

0 Kudos
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

It seems that the documentation was made with an older software version and have not been updated yet.

Could you please share me the steps you followed to replicate the error?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
hermann_ruckerb
Contributor III

Hello Jorge,

I checked and seem the same behavior in v14.

will work on trying to reporoduce the error message. Most likely something like starting the test, cancel it and next run fails.

BUT: this is not my main focus for this questions ..there is a workaround for this (restart the tool).

Main Question is:

How to do a Stress test and document PASS or FAIL? 

I can "run forever", but i then can only click "cancel" and then the log says "skipped".. so not documentation possible

Hermann

0 Kudos
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I will have access to an EVK board tomorrow, let me see if there is way to get a PASS or FAIL log from "run forever" option. I will let you know as soon as possible.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
hermann_ruckerb
Contributor III

Thanks a lot for taking care!!!! 

Hermann 

Tags (1)
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

That is true, when you mark "Run forever" option and stop the test, will skip logs and it is not possible to get the results.

Some kind of workaround is mark the option "Stop on fail" and let test running.

JorgeCas_0-1708090775274.png

To stop it, just turn off the board or disconnect USB cable from PC.

I attached the log I got using this "method".

Best regards.

0 Kudos
hermann_ruckerb
Contributor III

Hello,

sounds like a workaround, thanks! 

nevertheless it would be nice to get the old option back

Hermann 

hermann_ruckerb
Contributor III
and now i got an old error Back again:
WARNING spsdk.image.ahab.ahab_container The obsolete key 'image_type':serial_downloader has been converted into 'target_memory':serial_downloader
ERROR memtool.common.base_test Load application ended with exception: SPSDK: Invalid size of written bytes has been detected: -1 != 1021
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\nxp\i.MX_CFG_v15\bin\python3\memtool\common\base_test.py", line 318, in load_dcd_and_app
self.load_app(target_ready)
File "C:\nxp\i.MX_CFG_v15\bin\python3\memtool\common\base_test.py", line 302, in load_app
self.processor.load_app(self.config_data)
File "C:\nxp\i.MX_CFG_v15\bin\python3\memtool\processor\sdps_processor.py", line 55, in load_app
self.sdps.load_bin(data=image)
File "C:\nxp\i.MX_CFG_v15\bin\python3\memtool\comm\sdps_comm.py", line 95, in load_bin
self.usb_device.write_data(data)
File "C:\nxp\i.MX_CFG_v15\bin\python3\spsdk\sdp\protocol\bulk_protocol.py", line 51, in write_data
self.device.write(frame)
File "C:\nxp\i.MX_CFG_v15\bin\python3\spsdk\utils\interfaces\device\usb_device.py", line 137, in write
raise SPSDKConnectionError(
spsdk.exceptions.SPSDKConnectionError: SPSDK: Invalid size of written bytes has been detected: -1 != 1021
0 Kudos
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Errors like this happen to me if I have a USB hub in between the USB 3 port of the PC and the i.MX 8M Plus USB 3 port. I tested it with USB 2 and USB 3 hubs, doesn't matter. Leaving the hub out, using a direct USB 3 port on my laptop doesn't show such errors.

Same problems (similar log file output) could appear with the i.MX 93 EVK  (i.MX 93 has USB 2), but in general I get it working with or without hub.

Regards,
Bernhard.