TJA1101 REF_CLK IBIS model can't be assigned as input

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJA1101 REF_CLK IBIS model can't be assigned as input

yliu21
Contributor I

We are using an iMX6S and a TJA1101 as the Ethernet PHY wired for RMII. we use GPIO_16 to output an 50MHz clock for TJA1101(PIN 25 RXC/REF_CLK) . And i want to do simulation for this net.  When I choose model for this net in TJA1101 side for PIN25, it can't be assigned as input, and in the  the model selector , there is no "mfio_input ". 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am not sure why you can not use pin 25 as an input. The IBIS file definitely contains mfio_input model starting with:

---------------

|                         Model mfio_input
|
[Model] mfio_input
Model_type Input

---------------

Model selector also provides reference to the input:

---------------

[Model Selector] input_output_select
mfio_input         input
mfio_mii_standard  output_standard
mfio_mii_reduced   output_reduced

---------------

Regards,

Bulat

0 Kudos

yliu21
Contributor I

Hi Bulat:

I know the IBIS file definitely contains mfio_input model , but in fact when I do the simulation, REF_CLK pin can’t be assigned as input. While other pin can.

So I assigned the signal to TXD2 to simulate. Can you tell me whether there are any differences between these two pins in IBIS file?

Best Regards

Liu Yuping 刘玉萍

EE Engineer

Jiangsu Toppower Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd 江苏天宝汽车电子有限公司

No. 19 Fenghuang (Phoenix) Avenue, Xuzhou Economic And Technological Development Zone, Jiangsu Province, P. R. China, 221000.

江苏省徐州经济技术开发区凤凰大道19号,邮政编码221000

Tel : +86 (0)516 80567894

E-mail: yliu21@yfve.com.cn<mailto:yliu21@yfve.com.cn>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmittal and/or attachment is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please do advise the sender immediately. Thank you.

发件人: bulat

发送时间: 2020年5月21日 0:48

收件人: Liu, Yuping (Y.) <yliu21@yfve.com.cn>

主题: Re: - Re: TJA1101 REF_CLK IBIS model can't be assigned as input

****EXTERNAL EMAIL****

NXP Community <https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg>

Re: TJA1101 REF_CLK IBIS model can't be assigned as input

reply from Bulat Karymov<https://community.nxp.com/people/bulat?et=watches.email.thread> in i.MX Processors - View the full discussion<https://community.nxp.com/message/1314818?commentID=1314818&et=watches.email.thread#comment-1314818>

0 Kudos

Bulat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Using TXD2 signal is ok, all input buffers on the chip are the same and correspond to mfio_input model.

Reagrds,

Bulat

0 Kudos