Support of OpenGL with EGL binding on IMX6q (3.10.53)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support of OpenGL with EGL binding on IMX6q (3.10.53)

Jump to solution
sylvainlehenaff
Contributor III

Hi,

Based on the latest package from freescale/vivante, it seems possible to develop application based on openGL 2.1 using libGL.so.

the EGL in v1.4 supports opengl binding trough EGL_OPENGL_API (in egl.h) however when i try to use this binding, I have a BAD_PARAMETER in return.

If I query EGL, the lib returns EGL_OPENGL_ES_API (quite normal, it is working fine with opengl ES 2.0)

Does anybody has tryed to use opengl on top of EGL on IMX6 ? Does it exist a specific libEGL.so that allow this binding ?

Is there another way to have opengl with fb on the IMX6 ?

I am using a sabrelite with yocto based on kernel 3.10.53 with galcore v5.x. I am only using framebuffer.

Regards

Sylvain

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sylvainlehenaff
Contributor III

Hi,

For information, I ve managed to get an application running fine with openGL 2.1 using GLX API. (src code found on opengl.org)

The only issue, I ve observed on the OGL implementation is that some shader running well on ES2.0 are not anymore working on OGL 2.1.
but this is another topic.

Regards

sylvain

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sylvain,

The EGL-X library module (libEGL.so) contains the X-Windows implementation of the low level EGL platform-specific support functions

Please check that you had successfully installed the proper EGL and GL libs:

path and filename location of egl library default is /usr/lib/libEGL.so and it support EGL1.4 Library

1. libGL.so** Is the OpenGL 2.1 common library

libGLESv2.so** OpenGL ES 2.0/3.0 Library, where **SONAME is used for libEGL.so, libGLESv2.so, libGLESv1_CM.so,

libGLESv1_CL.so, libGL.so.

hope this helps

0 Kudos
sylvainlehenaff
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I have managed to run the glmark bench on the board, therefore I should be able to solve my problem by using the GLX API.

I will remove the EGL API specific part and check with GLX API

regards

sylvain

0 Kudos
sylvainlehenaff
Contributor III

Hi,

For information, I ve managed to get an application running fine with openGL 2.1 using GLX API. (src code found on opengl.org)

The only issue, I ve observed on the OGL implementation is that some shader running well on ES2.0 are not anymore working on OGL 2.1.
but this is another topic.

Regards

sylvain

0 Kudos