TARGET_SYS = "aarch64-poky-linux"
MACHINE = "imx8mmevk"
DISTRO = "fsl-imx-xwayland"
DISTRO_VERSION = "4.19-warrior"
TUNE_FEATURES = "aarch64"
TARGET_FPU = ""

I have built the distribution using the below command:

$ bitbake imx-image-multimedia

I wish to build the full image with machine learning features along with xwayland and qt5.

$ bitbake imx-image-full

Can I do on top of already built distribution using $ bitbake imx-image-multimedia? Is it possible and let me know the steps

Thank you, Sreedhar

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sreedhar,

The imx-image-multimedia is contained in the meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-ml layer , and download the opencv_extra zip package from this link: https://github.com/opencv/opencv_extra/releases/tag/4.1.2.

For better understanding please check the chapter 12 of your Linux User guide document that refers to NXP i.MX Machine learning.

Regards

hhm95
Contributor II

Hi! I have a problem
First, I build successfull with: bitbake core-image-minimal and booted successfully.

Now, I want include a GUI, so I run with: bitbake imx-image-multimedia, error:

"ERROR: opencv-4.1.2.imx-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Unable to find revision c5bf3ec2e791e0817ab1d5880e78711b6fe08206 in branch 4.1.2_imx even from upstream
ERROR: opencv-4.1.2.imx-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/opencv-imx.git;protocol=https;branch=4.1.2_imx;name=opencv'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/tbcd/manhhh2/imx8mm_multimedia/imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland/tmp/work/aarch64-mx8mm-poky-linux/opencv/4.1.2.imx-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.8920
ERROR: Task (/home/tbcd/manhhh2/imx8mm_multimedia/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_4.1.2.imx.bb:do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'. "

My question: Am I missing the opencv setting? I download opencv-extra from your link, but I don't know where to put this folder.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos

will_goodman
Contributor II

Unfortunately the IMX8MM hardware does not appear to support OpenCV or OpenCL, despite the OpenCV repo being pulled and built for most of the demo builds.

Is there any reason that it is included? It seems to be unnecessary bloat with regards to space and build times, and gives the misleading impression that the IMX8MM is capable of leveraging OpenCV.

0 Kudos