Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure firmware upgrade support - RT1172 MCUs

Jump to solution
Hariprasath_K
Contributor I

Hi,

We are studying the i.MX RT1172 processor to see if this will be suitable for our product.

We have a product requirement to perform secure firmware upgrade with rollback support OTA via Wi-Fi on the end customer site.

I have gone through the secure boot documentations. But I couldn't find any reference to secure firmware upgrade support by i.MX RT 1170 processors. Does secure bootloader of this processor supports secure firmware upgrade with rollback mechanism? If not any recommended solution to be implemented by the application is available?

Note:
- We have decided to use MQX RTOS. This is to allow porting our existing product code to the newer version.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Does secure bootloader of this processor supports secure firmware upgrade with rollback mechanism?
-- Yes, you can refer to the application note to learn more details about it.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Does secure bootloader of this processor supports secure firmware upgrade with rollback mechanism?
-- Yes, you can refer to the application note to learn more details about it.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.