SabreLite and ubuntu hardfloat gpu drivers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SabreLite and ubuntu hardfloat gpu drivers

larseriksen
Contributor II

I've been traversing the pages here on freescale.com and I can't seem to find any packages for hardfloat ubuntu or debian. I've been a keen owner of a genesi efikamx netbook, and it had hardfloat drivers for debian, so I was hoping to be able to find them for the sabre lite as well.

I'm attempting to get mythtv running on the sabre lite and the old softfloat ubuntu 11.10 is falling abit short.

Does anybody know where to find ubuntu or debian (or any other linux for that matter) hardfloat packages for kernel/gpu ?

Labels (3)
12 Replies

ChucoChe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Freescale does not have hardfloat drivers for Mx5.

EdWhite, do we have Mx6 hardfloat drivers for fbdev ready? Is there plans for X11 or Wayland?

Michel

0 Kudos

avoltz
Contributor III

Timesys has posted hard float binaries compatible with the FSL 1.1.0 release in the thread above. There are fbdev and X11 drivers available. We are working on wayland, but it is not available yet. Check out the thread I posted above to obtain the SDK.

avoltz
Contributor III

Hello Lars,

I work for Timesys and we recently built and published some SDKs which include hard float binaries. These binaries may be compatible with other systems as well. If you are still searching, try checking out this thread:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/307061

We're trying to strengthen our accelerated support for this platform including framebuffer, X, directfb, and wayland. Also we are working on Qt4  & 5.

Currently we provide X & framebuffer acceleration, and are trying to get more feedback on these drivers.

0 Kudos

ChucoChe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

We don't have hardfloat binaries for the gpu, or a toolchain with hardfloat enabled to build the kernel and kernel modules, neither for Ubuntu or Linux only.

We will have hardfloat deliverables at least for linux only in a short while (There is no hard date but it would in around a Month or so).

Some of our customers have used third parties to get custom toolchains or built them themselves.

Also using Yocto can help but it's not officially supported yet. (It would be officially supported on July).

Keep in mind that even when building whit hardfloat yourself you will still be missing the gpu binary with hardfloat.

I hope this info helps

EdWhite
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To offer "hardFP" version of the i.MX6 GPU library, it must consider the windowing system.  Is it acceptable if it only supports FBdev and DirectFB?  Is anyone using X11 or Wayland?

0 Kudos

zhiyancao
Contributor II

I want to know whether is offered  for "hardFP" version of the i.MX5 GPU library?

0 Kudos

larseriksen
Contributor II

For my project I need X11 drivers with XVideo support. A good OpenGL ES backend could do it though.

0 Kudos

ericmolitor
Contributor II

FBDev and DirectFB is all we need. We're not concerned with Wayland or X11 but things would be better if you supported all. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

ericmolitor
Contributor II

This is good news. When hard-float surfaces our Sabre boards will be dusted off and put to use. Looking forward to Yocto and HardFP in the relatively near future.

0 Kudos

zhiyancao
Contributor II

I came into the same problem. Now I using imx515, but the amd-gpu-x11-bin-mx51_10.11.01-1_armel.deb and libz160-bin_10.11.01-1_armel.deb only softfp, when the harfp deb is ready?

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Attached is the Linux_Multimedia_Framework_User_Guide.pdf.

You can find the information in it for installing .deb files for i.MX.

The demo images can be downloaded from here.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX6_SW

Please note that the demo images and BSP only tested on the specific board.

The images are not tested on SabreLite. But I think you can have a try.

larseriksen
Contributor II

Thank you, I will look into it. The information seems a bit scarce though.

How do I define what linux distribution do use, or does it only work with ubuntu 11.10? - As I mentioned, ubuntu 11.10 is soft-float, and not very usable for an application like MythTV. I didn't get it to run properly on my imx51 device until I used an armhf (hardfloat) distro. But the imx51 is too slow for full hd video.

0 Kudos