Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Progaming eMMC

bipulpandey
Contributor I

Hi ,

I am trying to update my software Image

i am using windows embedded 7.0. the out is DSK file 

Currently, we have one tool provided by the customer, that tool dump(TFTP transfer) the data (.dsk) into RAM and from RAM whole data copies in eMMC  at the location 0x6400.when the system is restarted the data copied into RAM (0x80600000)and the system is booted 

But we can not use the tool for reflashing the software in future

So that I copied my whole image(.dsk) into the location of 0x70000 of eMMC (size of the image is around 124 MB)

from 0x70000 i copied the data into 0x6400 location ,

the crc32 is matched  when I calculated from 0x70000 and copied into 0x6400 location

when I restart the system data copied into RAM from 0x6400 to (0x80600000) and crc32 is matched again.

But my system is not booted

I used DSK and  nb0 file 

So please suggest what am I doing wrong 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

bipulpandey
Contributor I

Thanks for sharing the source code , i am able to build the code but not able to debug the code as solution required cfg.ini file , so please suggest the solution 

Thanks

bipul Pandey 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi bipul

nxp uses mfg tool for programming images, one can look

https://github.com/NXPmicro/mfgtools

as for emmc reprogaming, it may be recommended to apply to vendor of this DSK for help

as nxp does not support windows embedded 7.0 on i.mx6 platform.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos