RGMii TXC skew at 1000B, 125MHz IMX7 Registers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGMii TXC skew at 1000B, 125MHz IMX7 Registers

davidsabalesky
Contributor I

I am working on the RGMii interface between IMX7 and KSZ8795. I would like to know if there are clock registers to provide the necessary 1ns - 2.6ns delay on the TXC, transmit clock. The KSZ8795 is set to transmit with delay on RXC.

The RXC is handled and does not need to be modified.

I need to find either a register to set in the IMX7 for the delay or add a pcb trace of approximately 9in for the delay.

I prefer to set a register value instead of adding a lengthy trace on a highly constrained layout.

Please refer me to the documentation if available to skew the TXC to the PHY, RGMii mode.

I have the RGMii port working at 10/100base however I cannot get the port to operate at 1000base.

If anyone has information on the Linux driver for the KSZ8795 it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David

unfortunately there is no way to program skew for TXC i.MX7 RGMII,

delay should be provided in hardware as described in Table 71. RGMII signal switching

specifications i.MX7D Datasheet, Footnote 3:

"PC board design will require clocks to be routed such that an additional
trace delay of greater than 1.5 ns and less than 2.0 ns will be added to the associated clock signal."

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidsabalesky
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Since my KSZ8795 has an egress delay of 1ns, I think it is prudent to add at minimum 500ps additional delay to meet the 1.5ns-2.0ns range in NOTE 3. Do you agree with this? A 750ps delay would put me in the middle of the range. This maybe a better selection for the delay.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos

davidsabalesky
Contributor I

Thank you Igor.

As a pcb designer is is unfortunate that this feature is not part of the IMX7.

It would greatly help us reduce development time.

Have a wonderful day!

0 Kudos