cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NPU bad detection with Yolov5 - i.MX8MP

simoberny
Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm quite struggling for some time now trying to get NPU detection to work with a C++ program. The same code on the CPU gets optimal results, but using VX delegate the detections are completely wrong. The code seems to run smoothly and inference shows good timing (yolov5s model with 448x448 input ~ 70ms). 

Right now I'm trying with Yolov5 (uint8 quantized), but I have tried with different pre-trained models obtaining the same behavior, good detection on CPU, and random detection on NPU. 

To obtain the model I used the export from yolov5 repo: 

python export.py --weights yolov5s.pt  --imgsz 448 --include tflite --int8

I've also tried TFlite hub models like SSD and mobilenet, that have already been converted to uint8. 

In the attachment the piece of code I am using for the inference and the converted yolov5n model. 

What could it be the cause? 

Thanks,

Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Attached you will find some benchmark on vx delegate and MX8MPlus, also it is an appnote on object detection.

Hope this helps

simoberny
Contributor II

Thanks for the response and the documentation. 

The guide actually describes what I already did.

For the sake of scruple, I followed all the steps and recreated a new model. But the situation remains the same, on CPU it works perfectly, instead on NPU I have no result except random detection with really low confidence. I tried both with INT8 quantized and FLOAT.

I am on Yocto 5.15.52-2.1.0 which uses Tensorflow 2.5.0 as default. I'm now trying to compile a newer version. 

Another strange behavior is that when I use the VX delegate I can't gently close the application, because Segmentation Fault occurs. VX delegate is compiled to the last version with git official repo. 

Thanks

0 Kudos

simoberny
Contributor II

I wanted to clarify that the version I'm working on is 5.10.52.

Also, the yolov5_decode python script used in the guide is not accessible

0 Kudos