Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NON XIP / RT1172

Jump to solution
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hello,

What are the steps to generate a fully non_xip application from any of the SDK examples ? I need to use it with a NAND Flash.

What I have so far:

TM_MI_0-1662998741103.png

Thanks,

TM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hello @jeremyzhou ,

For the first problem, I managed to fix it by changing few things in the build settings. I can now use the hex file with mcubootutility SEMC NAND.

I tried to load elf file instead of a hex into Ozone and it is ok.

Thank you,

Tarek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You just need to switch default XIP build to Non-XIP build under MCUX, below two blogs may be helpful to you.

MCUXpresso IDE下SDK工程在Build配置上与IAR,MDK差异
MCUXpresso IDE下工程链接文件配置管理与自动生成机制

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @TM_MI ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you refer to the post.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hello @jeremyzhou @jay_heng 

The issue that I have is that when am generating a hex file and try to flash using mcubootutility or Ozone segger it doesn't work.

The examples provided in the mcubootutility apps file work so am not sure what configuration am missing.

jay hang pointed out in another thread that the halt at 0x223104 is due to a security setup, however, when I use the example from mcubootutility led_blinky 0x0000a00.hex in Ozone segger I don't get this error.

Can you show me an example where you managed to boot, your linker file and memory organization?

Errors :

Ozone and Mcubootutility

TM_MI_3-1663789011565.png

TM_MI_0-1663788588599.png

TM_MI_0-1663601305650.png

TM_MI_0-1663600169574.png

TM_MI_1-1663788962957.pngTM_MI_2-1663788978478.png

Thanks,

TM

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Maybe you can try to use the tool to program the image, as I successfully made it on the MIMXRT1170-EVK board.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hello @jeremyzhou 

Thank you. We are happy with using mcubootutility as it work for us.

First Issue

We have a customized board. We don't use flexspi. We are able to verify our board with mcubootutility SEMC NAND. We used one of the example files from mcubootutility folder (led_blinky_0x00002000.srec) to verify the SEMC NAND.

Now, when we compile and generate a .hex/.s19 from mcuxpresso and try to use in mcubootutility it doesn't work.

Second issue

We also use Jtag to debug. We are unable to debug with jtag. We don't have a flexspi flash so processor always halt at 0x221304. We can communicate and even try to load using jtag but unfortunately nothing work. Jay Heng explained why this happen but we are looking for a solution.

Segger Ozone

We tried to use segger Ozone to debug from Jtag. We used our .hex or .hex examples from mcubootutility folder. As excepted we get the same 0x221304 problem.

We tried to change linker and memory configuration but it doesn't work.

Important

File name led_blinky_0x0000a000.hex is attached. This file we got from mcubootutility folder (apps).

This is the only file that worked with Segger Ozone.  

Please can you provide me with the configurations used to generate this file so we can use in our program ?

Thanks,

TM

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @TM_MI ,
Sorry for replying late.
I load either the led_blinky_0x00002000_iar.elf or led_blinky_0x0000a000_iar.elf in the Ozone, both of them can work well on the MIMXRT1170-EVK board actually.

jeremyzhou_0-1664436067504.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
TM_MI
Contributor III

Hello @jeremyzhou ,

For the first problem, I managed to fix it by changing few things in the build settings. I can now use the hex file with mcubootutility SEMC NAND.

I tried to load elf file instead of a hex into Ozone and it is ok.

Thank you,

Tarek

0 Kudos