NAND FLASH on MX6

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAND FLASH on MX6

FelixVidal
Contributor I

I'm trying to understand how to use a NAND FLASH with the MX6. The reference manual explains that it's possible to use and asynchronous nand flash interface but I don't know where to find the NANDF_RE# anf NANDF_WE# signals.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZoltanBaranyai
Contributor I

Hi Thilo,

I readed in the feature: IMX6 can work with  8-bit NAND-Flash, including support for Raw MLC/SLC. But other place I readed about pin multiplexing and I see there: the raw NAND can work 16-bit NAND when I configure SD4 pins for NAND. So what do you thing about what kind of bit with (8-bit or 16-bit) FLASH can work with MX6?

Thanks a lot.

Thilo Jeremias said:

Sorry my misstake, I was looking at an existing schematic and there it is the SD4_CLK which is muxed with NANDF_WE and the SD4_CMD is in pinunion with NANDF_RE.

Please use the pin-muxer tool from freescale to plan the pins (the rawnand section provides all pin-options for the nand).

After checking, it looks like the we/re signals are ONLY available on E16/B17

The hard way is to understand the iomux section in the reference manual (table 4.1 in chapter 4) and pick the best for your routing. (search for rawnand and rdn or wdn )

0 Kudos

FelixVidal
Contributor I

Thanks a lot !.

It's a bit confusing the way it is organized IOMUX in this preliminary version...

Now I have the schematic OK.

0 Kudos

ThiloJeremias
Contributor I

Sorry my misstake, I was looking at an existing schematic and there it is the SD4_CLK which is muxed with NANDF_WE and the SD4_CMD is in pinunion with NANDF_RE.

Please use the pin-muxer tool from freescale to plan the pins (the rawnand section provides all pin-options for the nand).

After checking, it looks like the we/re signals are ONLY available on E16/B17

The hard way is to understand the iomux section in the reference manual (table 4.1 in chapter 4) and pick the best for your routing. (search for rawnand and rdn or wdn )

0 Kudos

FelixVidal
Contributor I

I'd like to build a schematic with a NAND FLASH device (not a SD memory), so I think the SDx_yyy signals are not useful for this. I'm worried because I've found all the signals I need in the reference manual (NANDF_Dx, NANDF_CLE, NANDF_ALE...) but I need to know also where are the NANDF_RE and NANDF_WE (which are essential in an asynchronous interface of this kind).

0 Kudos

ThiloJeremias
Contributor I

Are you looking on how to access the signals from SW? or do you want to build a schematic and need to connect those sigs to the right pin?

In the first case, I suggest looking at the u-boot (freescale 2009) or freescale kernel (2.6.38) for the mxc nand drivers. In the latter you need to use a ping that the muxer can set to the SD?_CLK/SD?_CMD pins.  See a reference schematic for complete details. I suggest that you ask your Freescale contact for the diagrams.

cheers

0 Kudos