Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified core-image-minimal image startup failed in i.MX8MM

pyh0603
Contributor III

Hello,

Release: yocto imx-6.1.55-2.2.0.xml

Board: i.MX8MM-evk

compile: DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mm-lpddr4-evk source imx-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland-imx8mmevk-imx-gui

bitbake core-image-minimal

I now need to separate the image packaging module from yocto so that I can develop it more flexibly. I will copy the core-image-minimal  from yocto , So I did the following:

1) cp /mnt/data/alan/grace_imx8mm/imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland-imx8mmevk-imx-gui/tmp/work/imx8mm_lpddr4_evk-poky-linux/core-image-minimal  ~ -r

2) Modify the absolute path of the script vi ~/ core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_image_wic  for creating the xxx.wic.zst file, and replace  /mnt/data/alan/grace_imx8mm/imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland-imx8mmevk-imx-gui/tmp/work/imx8mm_lpddr4_evk-poky-linux/core-image-minimal  with ~/core image mini~/core-image-minimal

3) Modify environment variables:/mnt/data/alan/grace_imx8mm/imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland-imx8mmevk-imx-gui/tmp/sysroots/imx8mm-lpddr4-evk/imgdata/core-image-minimal.env

repace /mnt/data/alan/grace_imx8mm/imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland-imx8mmevk-imx-gui/tmp/work/imx8mm_lpddr4_evk-poky-linux/core-image-minimal  with ~/core-image-minimal

4) Run script  run.do_image_wic,generate core-image-minimal-imx8mm-lpddr4-evk-20240408092645.rootfs.wic

Then I burned core-image-minimal-imx8mm-lpddr4-evk-20240408092645.rootfs.wic and imx-boot-imx8mm-lpddr4-evk-sd.bin-flash_evk(uboot),But when I started, I encountered the following problem:

pyh0603_0-1713170646116.png

After I log in, enter the command:systemctl status system-resolved.service

pyh0603_1-1713170657514.png

I have checked all failed services:

pyh0603_2-1713170668503.png

What should I do to replace $IMAGE_ROOTFS in core-image-minimal.env, so that the system can start normally?

Looking forward to your reply

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @pyh0603!
Thank you for contacting NXP Support!

Maybe could be the modification that are you doing or the image.

The minimal image is a small image that only allows a device to boot, try to compile the "imx-image-core" that image has more features and should solve the Network failure.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX_YOCTO_PROJECT_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

Best Regards!
Chavira

0 Kudos

pyh0603
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.

If I change $IMAGE_ROOTFS in /mnt/data/alan/grace_imx8mm/imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland-imx8mmevk-imx-gui/tmp/sysroots/imx8mm-lpddr4-evk/imgdata/core-image-minimal.env to the default /mnt/data/alan/grace_imx8mm/imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland-imx8mmevk-imx-gui/tmp/work/imx8mm_lpddr4_evk-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs, any of the above issues will not occur。

So I think the minimal image can start normally, and I think other configurations need to be modified as well

Can you give me some other tips?

Looking forward to your reply @Chavira 

0 Kudos

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @pyh0603!
Thank you for contacting NXP Support!

Sorry, the modification of the original script of the boot is not supported by NXP, if with the original script, the board boots correctly, please use the original script.

Sorry for the mistake!

Best Regards!
Chavira

0 Kudos