cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed criticality solution with Linux and safe RTOS

fatih_erol
Contributor I

Hello.

Does there exist a certified hardware+software solution for a mixed criticality system, where:

- A generic Linux runs on one of the cores and uses one of the GPUs (hardware accelerated graphics over OpenGL ES), and

- A safety-certified RTOS runs on one of the cores and uses the other GPU (hardware accelerated graphics over OpenGL SC)

on an i.MX8 QuadMax?

Are the "zone of trust"/"resource domain controller" features enough for certification? Does one require further evidence to certify such a system? Is there a pre-certified solution available?

Regards,

Fatih

0 Kudos
3 Replies

fatih_erol
Contributor I

So, is there no information on such a mixed criticality system? Is it difficult to certify a system, which uses i.MX8 hardware hypervisor or separation technologies to share the resources between a non-safe Linux and a safe RTOS?

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Faith,

Do you check the i.MX8X

i.MX 8X Applications Processors| Arm® Cortex®-A35, Cortex-M4; | NXP ?

uses hypervisor and RTOS.

Regards

0 Kudos

fatih_erol
Contributor I

Is there a specific document or page that tells about a certified system with RTOS + Linux? The link goes to the overview page of i.MX 8X processors, but I could not find a specific reference to such a solution. It would great if you can point out where it talks of a certified/able system with Linux + safe RTOS.

The product portfolio is already confusing, the main i.MX8 processor page shows i.MX8X as a lower power variation with single GPU, however, under documentation of i.MX8X, there is this document, which names variations such as 8QuadXPlus with more cores.

And I could not find documentation about how to use Resource Domain Controller for safety on i.MX8.

0 Kudos