cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mfgtool Command Line Support

markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Does the mfgtool software support a command line interface?

Ideally I would like to program the NAND of my i.MX28 from our own test software automatically. It would be really useful if I could execute mfgtool via the command line and get a result back on exit. Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

Mark

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

markwilliams
Senior Contributor I

Thanks for the responses. I noticed mfgtool2 has the command line interface but I need this for an i.MX28.

I have the source for the mfgtool. There is no mention of a command line interface in the manual but there are a couple of places in the source that I noticed checking of command line parameters.

I guess we may have to modify the mfgtool source.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark

I am not sure that MfgTool2 supports i.MX28, however you can try.

As for MfgTool.exe from Freescale i.MX28 web page (Mfgtools-Rel-1.6.2.048 release),

I am not aware that somebody executed mfgtool via the command line. Probably you

can request mfgtool sources entering ticket, then rebuild it removing GUI.

MCIMX28EVKJ: i.MX28 Evaluation Kit

0 Kudos

raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

Yes,mfgtool support command line execution. Following info copied  from Quick Start Guide.

Command line feature

MfgTool2 can support command line feature, the commands that can be accepted are “-c, -l, -p and -noui”.

The format of command line looks like:

MfgTool2.exe [-noui] [-c] [“chip profile folder name”] [-l] [“list name”] [-p] [number]

Parameters description:

• -noui: this command has no any parameter, if this command is used, the application will use the console interface, otherwise, the GUI interface will be used. 

Note: this command must be the second parameter (the first parameter is application name), if it is used.

• -c: indicate the target profile name. The parameter of this command is a string with a pair of double quotes.
  • -l: indicate the target operation list name which can be found in the file located at "profiles/CHIP_PROFILE/OS Firmware/ucl2.xml". The parameter of this command is a string with a pair of double quotes.
  • -p: indicate the number of ports which indicates how many boards can be supported simultaneously. The parameter of this command must be a number between 1 and 4.
  • All above parameters are not mandatory, if no parameter in the command line, the application will try to find the parameter from the corresponding file, e.g. if ‘-c’ parameter is not provided in the command line, the application will try to get it from ‘cfg.ini’ file just like the v2.0.x, if the application can't get the parameter from both the command line and cfg.ini file, the application will fail to run.

• If both command line and cfg.ini/UIcfg.ini assign the same parameter, the application will take the command line parameter with priority.

• Press CTRL+C or the Close button to close the APP.

Some examples on how to use command line feature:

1. 1.     MfgTool2.exe –noui –c “MX6Q Linux Update” –l “Sabre-SD” –p 4

The application will use the console interface to burn image to four boards simultaneously. The target profile is ‘MX6Q Linux Updater’ and the operation list is ‘Sabre-SD’ which is located at “profiles/ MX6Q Linux Updater/OS Firmware/ucl2.xml”.

1. 2.     MfgTool2.exe –c “MX6Q Linux Update” –l “Android-SabreSD-eMMC” –p 2

The application will use the GUI interface to burn image to two boards simultaneously. The target profile is ‘MX6Q Linux Updater’ and the operation list is ‘Android-SabreSD-eMMC’ which is located at “profiles/ MX6Q Linux Updater/OS Firmware/ucl2.xml”.

1. 3.     MfgTool2.exe -noui –l “Android-SabreSD-eMMC” –p 1

The application will use the console interface to burn image to one board. The target profile is gotten from “profiles/chip” in file cfg.ini, the operation list is ‘Android-SabreSD-eMMC’ which is located at “profiles/ CHIP_PROFILE /OS Firmware/ucl2.xml”.

1. 4.     MfgTool2.exe –noui –c “MX6Q Linux Update” –l “Sabre-SD”

The application will use the console interface to burn image to one board. The target profile is ‘MX6Q Linux Updater’ and the operation list is ‘Sabre-SD’ which is located at “profiles/ MX6Q Linux Updater/OS Firmware/ucl2.xml”. The maximum number of boards supported simultaneously is gotten from “UICfg/PortMgrDlg” in file UICfg.ini.

1. 5.     MfgTool2.exe

It is just same with v2.0.x’s behavior.

0 Kudos