Mapping I2C, SPI, and UART to package pins.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping I2C, SPI, and UART to package pins.

Daniel_Jankins
Contributor I

Hi,  I am using mimxrt1024-EVK as a base line reference.  I am not using the CODEC or the Motion Sensor interface.  I would like to add the following 2 analog inputs, 1 more UART, and SPI interface.  Is there a document that maps function to package pins?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies

aaronminner
Contributor III

As Jeremy says, the recommended way is to use MCUXpresso's "Pins" tool.  You'll want the EVK's schematic to help trace down external pin functions to µC pins, but once you have that, you'd use the Pins icon - to the right of the "<Develop>" icon in the first image - and then you'd select the desired pin and function within that tool.  The second image is for a FRDM66K, but it gives you an idea.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 10.44.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 10.44.53 PM.png

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1)Is there a document that maps function to package pins?
-- To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to use the MCUXpresso Config Tools to configure the pins for the added peripheral interface.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos