cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX8-DSI-OLED1A touch functionality not working

erikthorn
Contributor I

Hi all,

Im having some trouble getting the touch functionality of MX8-DSI-OLED1A to work with my IMX8 8M Plus EVK. The EVK is flashed with the prebuilt Android 11 image using the suggested uuu tool:
sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.sh -f imx8mp -a -e -u trusty -d mipi-panel

I can see the image on the display as expected but the touch isn't working.

Using dmesg I can see that the I2c connection to the touchscreen is not working:

[    T1] synaptics_dsx 1-0020: tpd_set_page: I2C retry 1
[    T1] synaptics_dsx 1-0020: tpd_set_page: I2C retry 2
[    T1] synaptics_dsx 1-0020: tpd_set_page: I2C retry 3
[    T1] synaptics_dsx 1-0020: tpd_set_page: I2C retry 4
[    T1] synaptics_dsx 1-0020: tpd_set_page: I2C retry 5
[    T1] synaptics_dsx 1-0020: synaptics_rmi4_set_input_dev: Failed to query device
[    T1] synaptics_dsx 1-0020: synaptics_rmi4_probe: Failed to set up input device
[    T1] synaptics_dsx: probe of 1-0020 failed with error -5

Any suggestions on what the problem might be? The touchscreen was recommended from the quick start guide included with the EVK board so I just assumed it would work almost out of the box.

Also - Where can I find more information on the MX8-DSI-OLED1A? I don't find anything on your website.

Best regards,
Erik

1 Reply

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, this was fixed later, unfortunately, the pre-compiled image does not have this fix, you may refer to the following:

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx/commit/?h=lf-5.10.y&id=57c43b67c169d91f4e4642b5...

Regarding information for this part, as MX8-DSI-OLED1A is a Customer Specific device. Because of this we cannot share documentation/information regarding this part

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos