Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1060-EVKB USB dev_composite_cdc_msc_disk_freertos example

Jump to solution
CktDesigner
Contributor IV

I'm using MCUXpresso v11.7.0 with SDK v2.13.0 on MIMXRT1060-EVKB

I'm trying to test the USB interface using the evkbmimxrt1060_dev_composite_cdc_msc_disk_freertos.

The demo text says that the example provides a vcom and ram disk interface.

It compiles, however when I attempt to run, it stalls after the "Please insert Disk" message is displayed.   It only proceeds if I insert an SD card into the onboard socket, but a disk doesn't show up on the PC attached to the USB.    Why is this dependent on a physical sd card if it is implementing a ram disk?

Has anyone gotten this demo to work on this configuration?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @CktDesigner 

I hope you are doing great!

According to the example doc: 

The USB MSC RAM SD card application is a simple demonstration program based on the MCUXpresso SDK. It is enumerated as a U-disk. Users can read and write the SD card as a standard U-disk.

the doc is located inside SDK zip. Just find the SDK and browse to <sdk name>.zip\boards\<board name>\usb_examples\usb_device_msc_disk\freertos\readme.pdf

So this example is expected to enumerate as a disk once the SD card is inserted. Below an example with windows 10 OS. 

diego_charles_0-1684874099662.png

You may have raised this question as this description when importing the project is a bit generic, and I agree with you. 

diego_charles_1-1684874204599.png

If you want  get the RT1060 to get enumerated without an SD card, maybe you could try dev_msc_ramdisk_freertos instead. Or If you are getting issue with the evkbmimxrt1060_dev_composite_cdc_msc_disk_freertos please let me know more details so we could trouble shoot it!

All the best, 

Diego

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CktDesigner
Contributor IV

Thanks!   Yes, I was relying on the pop-up description you captured above that indicated that it would create a RAMdisk.   Since I was looking for a composite example with a RAMdisk,  I thought it would be the perfect example.    I did find the example you mentioned and found it worked.   Now to try to figure out how to access the same space from the MIMXRT1060 side (as a file?) so data can be transferred easily.   Thanks again!

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @CktDesigner 

I hope you are doing great!

According to the example doc: 

The USB MSC RAM SD card application is a simple demonstration program based on the MCUXpresso SDK. It is enumerated as a U-disk. Users can read and write the SD card as a standard U-disk.

the doc is located inside SDK zip. Just find the SDK and browse to <sdk name>.zip\boards\<board name>\usb_examples\usb_device_msc_disk\freertos\readme.pdf

So this example is expected to enumerate as a disk once the SD card is inserted. Below an example with windows 10 OS. 

diego_charles_0-1684874099662.png

You may have raised this question as this description when importing the project is a bit generic, and I agree with you. 

diego_charles_1-1684874204599.png

If you want  get the RT1060 to get enumerated without an SD card, maybe you could try dev_msc_ramdisk_freertos instead. Or If you are getting issue with the evkbmimxrt1060_dev_composite_cdc_msc_disk_freertos please let me know more details so we could trouble shoot it!

All the best, 

Diego

0 Kudos