MIMXRT1020(RT1021), 'Flash Driver' does not work (apply) when working with Serial Downloader.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1020(RT1021), 'Flash Driver' does not work (apply) when working with Serial Downloader.

Jump to solution
stanley-kylee
Contributor II

After changing the serial flash memory(EN25QX64A) in MIMXRT1020, I am trying to download the firmware with the 'Serial Downloader' function.
(Since this serial flash memory is brand new, the QE bit is disabled.)

The 'Flash Driver' that has corrected the QE bit value of the new flash memory has been applied to the firmware.

And I downloaded the firmware with the 'Serial Downloader' function. But the MCU doesn't find the program. Even though BOOT MODE is correctly set to Internal Boot, it is still recognized as Serial Downloader.

When I read the firmware data from MCUBootUtility, everything was written correctly.

So, while I was thinking about it, when I downloaded the firmware with the same 'Flash Driver' applied with 'MCU-Link', it no longer boots with Serial Downloader and works correctly!
(Now that this serial flash memory has the QE bit enabled, it boots normally no matter what I do.)

The question here is,
1. Does the 'Flash Driver' not work in the Serial Downloader operation using MCUBootUtility?
2. Is there any difference in QE bit activation when downloading firmware with a hardware debugger device and when downloading with Serial Downloader function?
3. When we mass-produce this product, we try to download the firmware with the Serial Downloader, not the hardware debugger equipment. To solve the problem that the QE bit is not activated, what should I check?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @stanley-kylee ,

I guess the "flash driver" you mean is the .cfx file, isn't it? MCUBootUtility doesn't use .cfx file. It use sdphost to download ivt_flashloader.bin and then use blhost to talk with flashloader to download application image and configure flash and efuse.

When mass production,  you can download a flash setting image first, which is used to set QE bit and efuse. After that, download user's application.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @stanley-kylee ,

I guess the "flash driver" you mean is the .cfx file, isn't it? MCUBootUtility doesn't use .cfx file. It use sdphost to download ivt_flashloader.bin and then use blhost to talk with flashloader to download application image and configure flash and efuse.

When mass production,  you can download a flash setting image first, which is used to set QE bit and efuse. After that, download user's application.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos