MIMX9352_m33 - where is the fsl_cache (mcuxsdk)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMX9352_m33 - where is the fsl_cache (mcuxsdk)

illy777
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm currently working with TAG: 2f77f4a of the mcuxsdk on github and attempting to build a `hello_world` application. However, during the compilation process, I've encountered an issue where the `fsl_cache` module is missing. I've searched under core/device/MIMX9352 but to no avail.

It seems that I can't simply use the `fsl_cache` module from a different MCU, as it appears to be specifically tailored to the architecture of each MCU. According to the SDK builder, the M33 utilizes the 'fsl_cache' for 'xcache'. Well I couldn't find any fsl_cache module that I could include.

My questions are:

1. Is there another location where I might find the appropriate `fsl_cache` module that I might have overlooked?
2. Is there a specific commit where this issue does not occur?

If these options are not available:

When can we expect a stable build of the MIMX9352 to be included in the MCUXpresso SDK on GitHub?

Thx!

Isaac Yuki

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Niebel-TQ
Contributor IV

Having an SDK Builder Release only is bad for the following reasons:

- We design SoM that are used for different product by customers. So we need som sort of SDK / BSP as starting point for our customers. Since you have to register to configure and download an SDK and you have to aggree to terms and conditions befor downloading, we are not able to redistribute such type of SDK ddur to legal / license issues. Having customers to configure and download the SDK and patch it afterwards for our SoM give a very poor uses experience

- With the release of the github project we expected an improve situation - even for new parts.  This would allow us, to set up and maintain an SDK / BSP for our SoM based on https://github.com/nxp-mcuxpresso/mcux-sdk project. This depends on timely releases after SDK builder releases.

So: when can we expect to have https://github.com/nxp-mcuxpresso/mcux-sdk based release for M33 on i.MX93?

0 Kudos

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @illy777 

Have you tried downloading the MIMX9352 SDK from MCUXPRESSO SDK BUILDER?

I could build the hello_world example without any problem with the SDK from MCUXPRESSO page.

Please try it and let me know how it was.

Best regards!

0 Kudos

illy777
Contributor II

Hi Alejandro,

thank you for your answer and yes I trust you. But that's not our goal.

Our goal is to use the github repository of nxp and the question is:

Is the github repo regarding the MIMX9352 ready for use or not?

And if not, when is it available?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @illy777 ,

@Niebel-TQ Thank you for context.

There is not an estimated date for this SDK release.

Regards.

0 Kudos