cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCLK clarifications with SAI

Jump to solution
imx_user8
Contributor I

It isn't clear to me and I want to make sure I'm understanding the documentation correctly.

1. If we use the imx8m mini SAI as a slave then it is not necessary to use the imx8 MCLK, correct?

The documentation talks about using MCLK to generate the bit clock when master, but doesn't necessarily mention being used as a slave.

2. If we use the imx8m mini SAI5 as a master, it appears I can connect an external OSC to SAI2 MCLK and use that for SAI5.  Can I then output that same MCLK on the SAI5 MCLK pin?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

1. Yes, that is correct.

2. Could you please share me a diagram of desired connection? Maybe you could use SAI5 as master to provide clock signals to SAI2 working as slave.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
imx_user8
Contributor I

Thank you.  I believe you've answered my questions as I can do the first option.  

0 Kudos
zouhui
Contributor I

@imx_user8 

I am also suffering the clock configuration similar with your No.2 question, would you please share how to configure? Thanks

My application is that, SAI2 MCLK came from external IC, we want to reuse SAI2 MCLK for PDM clock. 

0 Kudos
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

1. Yes, that is correct.

2. Could you please share me a diagram of desired connection? Maybe you could use SAI5 as master to provide clock signals to SAI2 working as slave.

Best regards.

0 Kudos