Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX7SABRE Camera Module Specifications and HDMI Support

Jump to solution
UbaidShafi
Contributor I

Hallo,

I want to use MCIMX7SABRE for testing MiPi cable using image sensor having capabilities of 8MP or higher(4K resolution). I have read the 'Quick Start Guide SABRE Board for Smart Devices' and it mentions we can use OV5640 but this is a 5MP camera.

Q) Do we have a sensor module with 8MP or higher (with free running clock output) that we can use with the MCIMX7SABRE?
Q) Does the HDMI port support HDMI2.0 or higher?

I am really looking forward for the answers. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ubaid Ahmed Shafi
Munich, Germany

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Q) Do we have a sensor module with 8MP or higher (with free running clock output) that we can use with the MCIMX7SABRE?

>refer to the imx7d reference manual,

MIPI CSI-2 controller and D-PHY:
• Supports 2 data lanes and 1 clock lane
• Maximum bit rate of 1.5 Gbps

so if you need 8MP camera, only can support 15fps max, you can check if your camera can meet this

> current imx7d sabresd board uses SiI9022ACNU convert, I checked this chip which doesn't support HDMI 2.0, but you can use other convert chip to support this

View solution in original post

1 Reply
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Q) Do we have a sensor module with 8MP or higher (with free running clock output) that we can use with the MCIMX7SABRE?

>refer to the imx7d reference manual,

MIPI CSI-2 controller and D-PHY:
• Supports 2 data lanes and 1 clock lane
• Maximum bit rate of 1.5 Gbps

so if you need 8MP camera, only can support 15fps max, you can check if your camera can meet this

> current imx7d sabresd board uses SiI9022ACNU convert, I checked this chip which doesn't support HDMI 2.0, but you can use other convert chip to support this