Looking for sample code in using rpmsg_multiept for iMX7D

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for sample code in using rpmsg_multiept for iMX7D

rlumo
Contributor II

Can you anyone please guide me through using the rpmsg_multiept for iMX7D.

I have tried insmod rpmsg_multiept.ko, but does not seemed to create /dev/rpmsg_xxx

Any guidance is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

rlumo
Contributor II

Update.

I was able to build Linux with rpmsg_multiept.ko module. I have successfully installed the module in my Linux environment (A7).

What I would like to do is to be able to create at least 2 RPMsg endpoint in the Linux side (A7), and a corresponding endpoints in FreeRTOS (M4).

Is this doable?

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello
I suggest you see our example code of the ping pong that we already have. There you can find how to configure the RPMSG. You can find the example code if you download our SDK. You can find it on the following web-page.

It is under the BSP, Drivers and Middleware part.
Best regards,
Diego.
0 Kudos

rlumo
Contributor II

Hi Diego,

Thank you for your reply. I have already downloaded your sample code, and have tried running the pingpong code. However, this demo code seems like a point-to-point (1-to-1) communication between the A7 and the M4 core. What I would like to achieve was to create multiple endpoints in the Linux (A7) and connect it multiple endpoints in the M4 core.

It seemed that the rpmsg_multiept is the path to go (GitHub - EmbeddedRPC/erpc-imx-demos: eRPC demos for i.MX devices, rpmsg-sysfs/0001-rpmsg_sysfs_interface_4_9_51.patch at master · NXPmicro/rpmsg-sysfs · GitHub ), however the documentation and sample code does not describe how to link the multiple endpoints created in Linux (A7) to the M4 core.

Hope this makes sense.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

Unfortunately, that is all the example that we have. If you require to have multiple endpoints. I suggest you contact professional service support. There could help you with the development of the application that you require to make. 

Professional Support for Processors and Microcontrollers | NXP 

Best regards,

Diego. 

0 Kudos