cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Freeze while probing pci-imx6 driver

mahmoud_omar
Contributor I

Hello,

We are trying to bring-up PCIe as Root-Complex only on imx8qxp chip. We are using Kernel version linux-imx-4.14.62

The issue we are facing now, is that the Kernel freezes while probing the pci-imx6 driver. After debugging, we found that it does not come back from any call to readl() or writel() function from the context of probe() function while trying to read any register from the configuration space of the host controller.

Can you point out what should we suspect? What could be the reason for this freeze?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mahmoud

reason may be hardware or software, for hardware one can check

clocks and power supplies using Hardware Guide PCIE recommendations

and PCIe example schematic in

i.MX 8QXP Design Files for the i.MX 8QXP MEK

https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/software/i.MX8QXPDF.zip 

For software one can look at dts file:

linux/arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-imx8qxp-mek.dtsi

fsl-imx8qxp-mek.dtsi\freescale\dts\boot\arm64\arch - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Description of PCIe driver in Linux Manual: Linux L4.14.98_2.0.0 Documentation

Recommended to use latest linux and scfw with all patches from

i.MX Software | NXP 

Note "linux-imx-4.14.62" was provided as "beta" quality and may not work properly on i.MX8QXP.

pastedImage_5.jpg

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos