Interlace Capturing Modes Via Parallel CSI (IPU1CSI0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interlace Capturing Modes Via Parallel CSI (IPU1CSI0)

Jump to solution
tengri
Contributor IV

Hi All,

I am trying to capture interlace HDMI formats from the ADV7611 Encoder via IPU1CSI0 parallel camera interface. The encoder uses the 16-bit parallel camera bus. I was successfully able to capture 1080p and 720p video formats, but have no luck in capturing 1080i and some other interlace formats.

This encoder also inherits the CSI capturing sensor routines, so for interlace capturing support I switched the sensor data type to :

p->if_type = V4L2_IF_TYPE_BT1120_INTERLACE_SDR;

And I notice the CSI0 of IPU1 makes the use of CSI->IC->MEM path for capturing in mxc_v4l2_capture.c.

But I only see the captured frames moving very fast vertically for 1080i input as shown in attached picture. So what else should be in my checklist to get this work from IPU side ? Is there any patches available to make this work ? I am using kernel 4.1.15_1.0 with yocto Krogoth on MX6Q !

Thanks in Advance

Anuradha

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tengri
Contributor IV

Hi, I solved the issue by myself, for the INTERLACE_SDR mode, correct CCIR codes have to specified for CODE1 and CODE2 registers with respect to the EAV/SAV codes !

Anuradha 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tengri
Contributor IV

Hi, I solved the issue by myself, for the INTERLACE_SDR mode, correct CCIR codes have to specified for CODE1 and CODE2 registers with respect to the EAV/SAV codes !

Anuradha 

0 Kudos
tengri
Contributor IV

I made some improvements in driver side to correct the sizes of the frames it sends to IPU. Now I have 1080i resolution, but the frames move vertically quite faster and I suspect may be CCIR codes are not correct for the interlace mode. 

However I can verify that the IPU settings are in accordance with Interlace SDR specification given in following TVIN application note. Only difference I see is the CCIR code 1-2 and 3 values for the given interlace mode. How should I achieve this ? Can anyone show me an insight to this ?

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-332679 

Anuradha

0 Kudos