Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx6QP:emmc boot with DMA in uboot

Jump to solution
zhuchaozhu
Contributor II

Dear my friends

I would like to modify the uboot emmc driver so that it supports dma boot ,because i think it takes a lot of time to load the kernel and ramdisk image
     In fact, my real goal is to save boot time, I have cut off a lot of useless drivers, but still need about 480ms time. So I hope uboot starting from emmc using DMA. At the same time I need to know if it can save some time
     Ihope someone can give me some help or some of the views, I can do to achieve the goal .

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhuchao

actually i.MX6DQP uSDHC module has own dma engine, please

refer to Figure 68-1. System Connection of the uSDHC i.MX6DQP Reference Manual

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/iMX6DQPRM.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Here are some general hints for booting under one second:

Booting i.MX6 under one second - i.MXDev Blog 

Also, U-Boot 2017.03 has an improvement for the copy (cp command) implementation based on assembly library.

If you use cp command in U-Boot  you may consider moving to the latest U-Boot version.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhuchao

actually i.MX6DQP uSDHC module has own dma engine, please

refer to Figure 68-1. System Connection of the uSDHC i.MX6DQP Reference Manual

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/iMX6DQPRM.pdf

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos