IOMUXD is programmed through the System Controller API - Where is it...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOMUXD is programmed through the System Controller API - Where is it...

Jump to solution
dry
Senior Contributor I

Let me just check I understand this ... 

dry_0-1663205431556.png

.. so if I just need to change MUX to control GPIO in I/O mode, I need that API to the SC to do this ..?

Where is this document .. ? (why there is no link to official latest version to it in the chip's UG?)

JUST making sure I need "that" highly protected Mux to do this -->

dry_0-1663206198754.png

This UG part does not say which mux it is !

dry_0-1663206726021.png

... "IOMUX chapter",    where ,which .. ? There is sub-chapter / section on IOMUXD.  

Would be awesome if NXP does in-the-doc links to what they refer to.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what bsp version do you use? you just find the scfw porting kit according to the same bsp version, you can find the scfw version you need according to the linux release note

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

which processor are you using and which document are you talking? i.mx8qm or imx8qxp?

0 Kudos
dry
Senior Contributor I

@joanxie  any update ..... ?

0 Kudos
dry
Senior Contributor I

@joanxie 

Sorry I thought that was clear from my original question / post. Processor is iMX8QM, and document is one referred by NXP's User Guide :

dry_0-1663220394333.png

Please see "i.MX 8QuadMax Applications Processor Reference Manual".

So, which is this "System Controller API Reference Guide .. "?   Where is latest official version ..?

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can download SCFW porting kit, then you can find the documents there

"https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat..."

0 Kudos
dry
Senior Contributor I

@joanxie 

If I'm working with older NXP linux distro/release - 4.19.35 - do I have to use the SCFW archive version matching that specific Linux version / release , or should I use latest available of the SCFW..?

dry_0-1664253372399.png

If so, is there official Repo with all the SCFW  archive files .. ? Is there official git repo to take latest source ..?

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what bsp version do you use? you just find the scfw porting kit according to the same bsp version, you can find the scfw version you need according to the linux release note

0 Kudos
dry
Senior Contributor I

Thank you, I'm downloading it, and checking the documentation contained there in...

0 Kudos
dry
Senior Contributor I

This is iMX8(QM)  i have, with 6 cores on Linux side.

0 Kudos