IMX8MQ-EVK PCIe RC-EP connection validation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MQ-EVK PCIe RC-EP connection validation

bosran
Contributor I

Hi, I have connected  2 IMX8MQ-EVK board with  M.2 connector  for RC-EP validationTx and Rx are crossed through the M.2 adapter.  Currently running Linux kernel 5.15.71 with yocto build.  on IMX board acting as RC,  imx8mq-evk-pcie1-m2.dtb is running. On IMX board acting as EP, imx8mq-evk-pcie-ep.dtb is running. After bootup, PCIe phy link is up in RC side with follwing.

root@imx8mqevk: lspci                                                                                                                 0001:00:00.0 PCI bridge: Synopsys, Inc, DWC_usb3 / PCIe bridge (rev 01)                              0001:01:00.0 Non-VGA unclassified device: Synopsys, Inc, DWC_usb3 /PCIe bridge

In the EP device tried to run pci_epf_test  it shows the DW Link_up operation is successful.

However RC cannot dectect the vendor ID passed from EP device. 

Could you please help how can i validate the RC-EP connection is proper by some test code. 

Please help, 

Regards

Ranjit

0 Kudos
6 Replies

qwerqq
Contributor I

Hello, have you solved this problem? Now I have the same problem as you. If you have solved it, can you tell me your solution?

0 Kudos

bosran
Contributor I

Hi, I could solve the issue  by calling rescan in the RC side after enabling the PCIe EP drive in the other board.

0 Kudos

qwerqq
Contributor I

Now I am also EP on one end and RC on the other, is this a connection problem? Or is the corresponding driver not turned on? Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

0 Kudos

bosran
Contributor I

Hi.. not able to access 2nd and 3rd link 

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I attach for you, you can refer to it

0 Kudos