Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MP evk EMMC boot

Jump to solution
Ben10
Contributor II

Hi

I want to know if it is possible to boot IMX8MP evk board from EMMC after installing Windows 10 IoT to the EMMC, because I observed that if I set the boot switch to EMMC, the board doesn't boot. The board only boots from SD card with the boot switch set to  SD card boot. Is the SD card still needed for the board to boot after flashing the image to the EMMC ??

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ben10.

I hope you are doing well.

Please confirm that you have changed the boot mode switches to boot from eMMC/SDHC3 according to Getting Started with the i.MX 8M Plus EVK.

Please confirm that you have flashed the image on the EMMC correctly as per the Chapter 10 Flashing Windows IoT image of the document i.MX Windows 10 IoT Quick Start Guide.
To boot the Windows image from EMMC, please refer to section 10.4 Installing Windows 10 IoT on eMMC and Booting Windows 10 IoT from the i.MX Windows 10 IoT Quick Start Guide

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ben10
Contributor II

Hi @Dhruvit 

Thanks for the reply

I followed the instructions in the document and it worked. Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Ben10.

I hope you are doing well.

Please confirm that you have changed the boot mode switches to boot from eMMC/SDHC3 according to Getting Started with the i.MX 8M Plus EVK.

Please confirm that you have flashed the image on the EMMC correctly as per the Chapter 10 Flashing Windows IoT image of the document i.MX Windows 10 IoT Quick Start Guide.
To boot the Windows image from EMMC, please refer to section 10.4 Installing Windows 10 IoT on eMMC and Booting Windows 10 IoT from the i.MX Windows 10 IoT Quick Start Guide

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada
0 Kudos