IMX8MP Question about capturing video in the following pass (Camera:YUV422->MIPI->CSI2->ISI->MEM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MP Question about capturing video in the following pass (Camera:YUV422->MIPI->CSI2->ISI->MEM)

Jump to solution
yamasita_yoshiyuki
Contributor I

I use IMX8MP.
I have a question about video capture by title pathway in the ISI module.

1. does ISI Capture support only RGB32,YUV32 input format?
 I found the following definition in "nxp-opensource/kernel_imx/drivers/staging/media/imx/imx8-isi-cap.c".

114 struct mxc_isi_fmt mxc_isi_src_formats[] = {
115 {
116 .name = "RGB32",
117 .fourcc = V4L2_PIX_FMT_RGB32,
118 .depth = { 32 },
119 .memplanes = 1,
120 .colplanes = 1,
121 }, {
122 .name = "YUV32 (X-Y-U-V)",
123 .fourcc = V4L2_PIX_FMT_YUV32,
124 .depth = { 32 },
125 .memplanes = 1,
126 .colplanes = 1,
127 }
128 };

2. possible to bypass the ISI pipeline to support YUV422 input?  
 I found the following statement in "13.4.5.1.2.4 Fields" of "IMX8MPRM.pdf".
 Is my understanding correct that the YUV422 input from Pixel-Link will be written directly to memory?
 If correct, should I add YUV422 support to the mxc_isi_src_formats mentioned earlier?

Channel bypass enable
For certain applications, the ISI module might not be required to do any scaling nor color space
conversion on the image. For such cases, this bit should be set to bypass the channel pipeline and store
the image into memory. The output image format CHNLn_IMG_CTRL[FORMAT] field should be set to
same as the incoming image format. Image flipping, cropping and alpha insertion can still be carried out.
NOTE: For de-interlacing purposes, the channel is automatically bypassed for one frame; but this bit
should not be set for de-interlacing
NOTE: If this bit is set, CSC will be bypassed even if CHNL_IMG_CTRL[CSC_BYP] is not set.
0b - Channel is not bypassed
1b - Channel is bypassed

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yamasita_yoshiyuki
Contributor I

Currently, we are able to receive YUV422 input. There was no need to make any changes to the source code for imx's mipi, csi, or isi.

In my case, there were intermediary modules between the camera and the imx8mp: THCV242A (V-by-One® HS) and THCV231 (parallel serial converter). However, the issue was that the mipi-csi data lane settings on the THCV242A were incorrect, preventing the data from reaching the imx8mp.​_

By correcting this, we were able to receive YUV422 data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yamasita_yoshiyuki
Contributor I

Currently, we are able to receive YUV422 input. There was no need to make any changes to the source code for imx's mipi, csi, or isi.

In my case, there were intermediary modules between the camera and the imx8mp: THCV242A (V-by-One® HS) and THCV231 (parallel serial converter). However, the issue was that the mipi-csi data lane settings on the THCV242A were incorrect, preventing the data from reaching the imx8mp.​_

By correcting this, we were able to receive YUV422 data.

0 Kudos
zoro_li
Contributor I

I also encountered a problem with yuv422 input. How did you solve this problem in the end?

0 Kudos