cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MM SDK

seku
Contributor I

Hi ,

I have pulled the repo - 4.9.123 rocko and set the machine type as "imx8mmevk" and compiled using the below command. 

# bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk 

- Installed the tool chain under /opt/fsl-imx-xwayland/4.9-rocko 

However, the kernel source is not available in the below directory. 

/opt/fsl-imx-xwayland/4.9-rocko/sysroots/aarch64-poky-linux/usr/src/

In the NXP forum, someone mentioned that use "bitbake meta-toolchain". I tried that too but the kernel source is not available. 

Please let me know how to get the kernel source from the SDK. 

Thanks,

Senthil

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

seku
Contributor I

Hi Yuri,

We have received some documents from silex to integrate the drivers. In which, they are exectuing populate_sdk and the kernel source is available under /opt/fsl-blahh/usr/src

If i execute the populate_sdk the kernel source is not available. If i download the same kernel version from code aurora and compile the driver. I am getting version magic error. 

I checked the commit id. Both are same.

Thanks,

Senthil

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

"A standard SDK consists of the following:

• Cross-Development Toolchain: This toolchain contains a compiler, debugger, and various miscellaneous tools.

• Libraries, Headers, and Symbols: The libraries, headers, and symbols are specific to the image (i.e. they match the image).

• Environment Setup Script: This *.sh file, once run, sets up the cross-development environment by defining variables and preparing for SDK use.

You can use the standard SDK to independently develop and test code that is destined to run on some target machine."

Yocto Project Software Development Kit (SDK) Developer's Guide 

Please refer to  Chapter 2 (Porting Kernel) of "i.MX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf" in BSP doc package.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/fsl-yocto-L4.9.123_2.3.0_mx8mm.zip 

Have a great day,

Yuri

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer

button. Thank you!

0 Kudos