cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX1176 Using DataENABLE instead of HYSNC and VSYNC

tbayram
Contributor IV

Hello everyone,
We are using a custom-built TFT in combination with the IMX1176. The TFT manufacturer told us that we can use DataENABLE instead of HSYNC and VSYNC and now there are no HSYNC and VSYNC pins on the TFT. In summary, we have to use DataENABLE instead of HSYNC and VSYNC. Can you show us resources and software examples that will allow us to do this?

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

tbayram
Contributor IV

Hi @kerryzhou ,

We're working on a custom RGB888 display. The wiring diagram and signal format can be seen in the photos below. We have a few questions about this. Exactly which GPIO will be adapted here. Will we do GPIO set and reset operations on the LCD low level side? Will we control it by setting a separate timer?

Thank you again.

TFT Connection.PNGH &  V signal Format.PNG

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tbayram ,

After checking your situation, I think you don't need to use the GPIO, you can use the DE to connect to LCD_ENABLE pin.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

tbayram
Contributor IV

Hı @kerryzhou ,

Actually we dont want to use HSYNC & VSYNC pins. How can we use only DE(data enable) instead of HSYNC & VSYNC. Is there any documents about that subject.

Thank for all.

Have a nice day 

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tbayram ,

As it is the LCD, it is the output, so, if you don't use the HYSNC and VSYNC, just don't connect it, but you still need to connect the DE which is LCD_ENABLE.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos

tbayram
Contributor IV

Hı @kerryzhou ,

Could you share with me documents about usage HYSNC & VSYNC and DataENABLE.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tbayram ,

RT1176 RM is the best document:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMXRT1170RM

Chapter 47.3.3 DOTCLK Interface

kerryzhou_0-1701238596600.png

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @tbayram ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

In fact, this is also easy to realize, you just need to define one GPIO for your used DataENABLE ,then use the GPIO to control that pin to match your used LCD time sequence.

To the LCDIF, you do not need to connect HSYNC and VSYNC pins, as your LCD don't need it.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

If your question is solved, please tell me to close this case,and help me to fill the feedback as resolved, thanks.

Any new issues, welcome to create the new case.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos