I want do some work about Carplay, Weather this feature is support on this board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want do some work about Carplay, Weather this feature is support on this board?

dayidson
Contributor I

I can't confirm that weather this board have an apple I2C Authentication chip. And how can I test it?

1, Is this board have an apple I2C Authentication chip?

2, Which is Authentication chip device in /dev folder?

3, The kernel we use is 3.0.35, If this version kernel support USB DUAL role?

4, If there is a patch for USB DUAL role? After patch to kernel, How to test this board is support USB dual role?

Thanks for any help!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Larry,

Regarding questions 1 & 2:

The i.MX6 SABRE AI board is capable of running CarPlay as shown in the attached document, but the detailed answers you are looking for are restricted to Made For iPod (MFi) licensees, and we will have to provide them to you directly. So, if you need additional details, please submit a Service Request.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dayidson
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply, that is what I want to know. But I confused with “MFi module”, It's software or hardware?

The photo in the attachment, Could you take a full photo include iphone, RCA audio Cable and Speaker?

We want to know more about Carplay and MFi. Please tell me how to submit a Service Request.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Larry,

You could create a Service Request at the link below:

Create Service Request

After creating a SR, please post here the SR number.

Best regards!
/Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

dayidson
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Here is the Service Request, Please give me more details about how to run Carplay on i.MX6 processor.

Service Request Detail

The current status for Service Request number 1-4047193729 is :

Created Date:

(format YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS) 2015-09-10 00:28:24 GMT

Modified Date:

(format YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS) 2015-09-10 00:28:24 GMT

Closed Date:

(format YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS) -

Category: Software Product Support

Topic: Other SW Development Tool

Device Area: ARM Processors

i.MX Applications Processors based on ARM Cores

i.MX 6 Processors

i.MX6D

-

-

Tool/SW name: Carplay MFi module

Tool/SW version: -

Host OS: Linux

Patches installed: -

Severity: Medium

Subject: Carplay MFi module, i.mx6 Dual

Description: The i.MX6 SABRE AI board is capable of running CarPlay, but the

detailed information we are looking for are restricted to Made For iPod (MFi)

licensees. So I submit this service request.

Base Board: MCIMXABASEV1

CPU Cards: MCIMX6DLAICPU1

Display: MCIMX-LVDS1

We want to know:

1, Is this board has an Apple Authentication chip?

2, How can we get "MFi module" and run the Carplay demo?

3, More details about Carplay and MFi.

Thanks for any help!

Notification List: (Update<https://www.freescale.com/webapp/servicerequest.sr_cclist.framework?CLR_SR_ID=1-1UXLEO1>)

Best regards!

Larry

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Larry,

I have directed you SR to the experts. Any additional details must be discussed trough that channel and must not be placed on public places according with Made MFi licenses.

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 Kudos

dayidson
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

On i.mx6 linux, which complier can be used?

I use ds-5 Community Edition, does not have a complier.

Best Regards,

Larry

发件人: CarlosCasillas

发送时间: 2015年9月10日 9:06

收件人: Larry cai

主题: Re: - I want do some work about Carplay, Weather this feature is support on this board?

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/iAA/PDcDAA/t.1qb/uKLxlZtMRMeLSu0kRnoFow/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bQ-3D>

reply from CarlosCasillas <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/iAA/PDcDAA/t.1qb/uKLxlZtMRMeLSu0kRnoFow/h1/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bQPeieHwSBwpgiZw4FaVMAD4RVzYiZS-2FFh0-2FDND04uTe4umzRv7VSYFy4De7TlVlbw-3D> in i.MX Community - View the full discussion <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/iAA/PDcDAA/t.1qb/uKLxlZtMRMeLSu0kRnoFow/h2/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bRdhfuXvs7ZDgxDLvktlmV35kwovANBrZqNQfZRQ-2FZqpQF57CXxz7aDloAAk-2FsgjmI-3D>

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Larry,

I was informed that you were already contacted directly, so, no additional information will be posted here. If you have additional questions regarding different topics, we encourage you to create new threads.

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 Kudos

dayidson
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your help, Where do you live, and your work time is?

I’m in china, GMT +08.

Best Regards,

Larry

发件人: CarlosCasillas

发送时间: 2015年9月10日 9:06

收件人: Larry cai

主题: Re: - I want do some work about Carplay, Weather this feature is support on this board?

<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/iAA/PDcDAA/t.1qb/uKLxlZtMRMeLSu0kRnoFow/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bQ-3D>

reply from <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/iAA/PDcDAA/t.1qb/uKLxlZtMRMeLSu0kRnoFow/h1/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bQPeieHwSBwpgiZw4FaVMAD4RVzYiZS-2FFh0-2FDND04uTe4umzRv7VSYFy4De7TlVlbw-3D> CarlosCasillas in i.MX Community - <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/iAA/PDcDAA/t.1qb/uKLxlZtMRMeLSu0kRnoFow/h2/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cUjBPgRj-2F3GoJUaXSZ409bRdhfuXvs7ZDgxDLvktlmV35kwovANBrZqNQfZRQ-2FZqpQF57CXxz7aDloAAk-2FsgjmI-3D> View the full discussion

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Larry,

I have consulted with the experts regarding questions 1 & 2; you should receive an update soon.

Regarding questions 3 & 4, L3.0.35 already includes USB dual-role (on the OTG port). So, for using the i.MX as Device, the ID pin from micro USB connector must be left floating. When using the i.MX as Host, the ID pin must be grounded.

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 Kudos