Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MXRT1165EVK board not detecting in SDP mode after connecting JLink Debugger

Jump to solution
vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

Hello Team,

I.MXRT1165 EVK is connected to a USB port, and I'm trying to detect the hardware using SDP mode. I was able to identify the board and view the VID and PID in lsusb and with the Secure Provisioning Tool.

When I try to connect the JLink Debugger, the board isn't detecting in SDP mode, but I can connect using JLink.

If I perform a hard reset after removing the JLink debugger, the board detects in SDP mode.

Why does the SDP connection break after connecting to the JLink debugger?

Note : Same behavior observed in all the 5 new platforms . Tried with 2 JLink Debuggers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vishnusudhankj ,

This is my test result:

kerryzhou_0-1689916618546.png

In fact, when you need to enter the serial download mode, you need to do the reset or the POR, so, even your JLINK is connected, then after reset, your JLINK will be lost.

kerryzhou_1-1689916693938.png

In the above picture, you can see, when the JLINK connected, the serial download mode will be exit, if you reset the chip, then you can find the serial download mode again, this is the RT feature, not like the I.MX6.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vishnusudhankj ,

I don't think this is the issues.

If you don't use the JLINK connect the chip with commander method, then enter the serial download mode, the SDP should have response.

But, if you use the JLINK software connect the RT chip, then the RT ROM code think you already connect something, then the serial download SDP have no response.

So, if you connect the JLINK and want the SDP works, just do the reset, let the ROM back to the serial download mode again.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

Thanks for your reply,

Same scenario, I have tried with the i.mx6sx evk platform, with that i can able to detect the hardware in SDP mode , even though i connected with the JLINK software. 

Is it like RT platform alone will lost SDP mode when connect through JLINK software?

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vishnusudhankj ,

This is my test result:

kerryzhou_0-1689916618546.png

In fact, when you need to enter the serial download mode, you need to do the reset or the POR, so, even your JLINK is connected, then after reset, your JLINK will be lost.

kerryzhou_1-1689916693938.png

In the above picture, you can see, when the JLINK connected, the serial download mode will be exit, if you reset the chip, then you can find the serial download mode again, this is the RT feature, not like the I.MX6.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
vishnusudhankj
Contributor III

@kerryzhou ,

Thanks for your reply,

I understood the functionality regarding SDP/JTAG mode.

Instead of hard reset / POR, in JLink commander i could see the software reset option like reset , In this case if i provide the command as reset in JLink commander as below,

vishnusudhankj_0-1689920954442.png

It showing like Reset device via AIRCR.SYSRESETREQ , but seems its not resetting properly . After providing this command , i am unable to detect hardware through SDP mode.

Provide your suggestions , how to perform the software reset through JLink commander. is there any alternate procedure available to perform software reset.

Note: I can able to perform software reset via blhost.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vishnusudhankj 

how to perform the software reset through JLink commander.

=>I like to use:

r0

r1

to realize the reset.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
vishnusudhankj
Contributor III
@kerryzhou,

Thanks for your reply. Its working from my end too.
0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK, if you meet any new issues, welcome to create the new question post.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos